Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Past and Present

Feeling nostalgic today and my feeling of nostalgia is so uplifting that I decided to share with you some photos of my past and my present. Some of these things trigger memories and others just give me a warm feeling inside. Now, the question is can I upload these photos to share with you? Well, bear with me as I give it a try:


Grandmother
I have very minimal memories of her, she passed away when I was a small child, but I love this photo of her - so dignified and proud.


Grandfather
He passed away before I was born.  I wish I'd had the opportunity to know him, my father told such great stories about him.



My Parents
I could not have asked for better parents.  So different from each other, but their differences kept them together 58 years (until my mother's passing).  They have both made their transition, but they will live in my heart forever.


Family Treasures...


The Eye Wash Glass
This glass belonged to my grandfather.  It is my understanding that he used this glass to care for his eyes, however when admitted to the hospital for cataract surgery his subsequent death resulted from the use of non-sterile hospital equipment.  How sad! 


The Platter
This platter belonged to my grandmother, who loved to cook.  I don't remember her use of it, however, I do remember it being used to serve Christmas cookies when I was a child.  We estimate that this platter must be close to 100 years old.  Cookies, Yum!!!


The Cookie Jar
I'm not sure of the origin of this cookie jar, but I think it was given to my grandmother from a family member (possibly my father's older brother) when he returned from military service overseas.  Don't hold me to this story.


Welcome!


This is the magnificent view that I experience as I enter my home!  breathtaking isn't it?...



but wait, this is view I experience as I descend from the second floor.  Hold on, it gets even better...

this beautiful mantel still leaves me breathless on a daily basis.  Every piece of woodwork in this house is original.  What a well kept secret we are hiding behind our front door!!!

More beautiful heirlooms...


Vase...  

Vase...



...Bookends and Glass Shoe.


Well, as you can see I was able to share some of my pics with you.  Believe me it was a challenge, but I persevered.  I think this whole blogging thing may be what I need.  I will try not to bore you with my excitement.  Stay tuned...













No comments:

Post a Comment