Sunday, January 8, 2012

It's A New Year...Hello 2012

Wow, it's been over a month since my last post.  2011 went out with a bang and I am looking forward to 2012 bringing good things.  A lot has happened in the last month, some good and some bad.  But I see all of these events as life lessons.  So, I will take these lessons and forge ahead in 2012 with gusto!!!  I strongly believe that everything in life happens for a reason, there are no coincidences, there is no luck!!  Since I accepted that fact, my life has changed.  Oh, believe me I still cry and I still get angry, but I don't hold on to the things that take me to those places.  Well, enough of my soapbox ranting, lets take a look back at 2011 and be grateful for it.

Some of the memorable things that took place in 2011 in my life are...

  • I turned 60 years of age (WOW!!!)
  • I returned to St. Louis after being away for 10 years
  • I moved back into my childhood home
  • I learned to appreciate being retired (although I am broke)
  • I have spent lots of time with my son Derek and his children (being away for ten years is a long time)
  • I attended several track meets and watched Derek II run like the wind (he is awesome)
  • I saw my first grandchild go away to college (good job Derek)
  • I have reconnected with St. Louis family and friends
  • I went to my first Cardinals baseball game (thanks Karen)
  • I traveled back to Oxford, with my cousin, to celebrate my oldest granddaughter's 10th birthday (love you Jena - we had a great time)
  • I traveled back to Oxford to celebrate Thanksgiving with my children and grandchildren (thanks for the hospitality Adrienne)
  • I attended my first Christmas Eve celebration at Karen's house (the fried turkey was certainly memorable)
  • I have learned that all those "wants" I used to think were necessary to be happy were unnecessary
  • I tried to say "I love you" to as many people as possible
  • I DISCOVERED CLARITY!!!
 This is just my short list.  There are so many others, I cannot name them all.  I think the most memorable thing that took place in my life is that I have learned to be GRATEFUL FOR ALL THINGS GREAT AND SMALL!!!

SIX MAJOR SOURCES OF MY HAPPINESS
WELCOME TO 2012!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment